| 0 comments ]

Taken from ScienceDaily

New research have shown that consumption of dietary fats is linked to an increase levels of the hormone, Ghrelin in the bloodstream (1). Ghrelin is known as the 'hunger' hormone, having more of it in your blood stream will mean having an increased appetite.

This news definately gave me something to ponder about. Because if we're just looking at the satiety index itself, fats actually gives the most satiety. My diet is moderately high in fat but I will not change my diet just because of this article. I'll be keeping my eyes open on new research though!


Reference
1. University of Cincinnati Academic Health Center. "Fatty Foods -- Not Empty Stomach -- Fire Up Hunger Hormone." ScienceDaily 8 June 2009. 15 June 2009 /releases/2009/06/090605151351.htm>.

0 comments

Post a Comment