| 1 comments ]

Posted this on my buddyslim blog, it's a good summary to my views on permanent weight loss.

What is Weight Loss to you?

Do you see it as a project kind of thing? I used to see it this way, 10 weeks and that’s it. After 10 weeks I’ll be a free and less heavier man. But I soon come to realize that reality does not smell as good as it should. After 10 weeks, it’s a struggle to maintain all that lost weight.

Rethink Weight Loss

Everyone can lose weight, in fact, weight loss is easy but weight maintenance is extremely hard. For those of you out there who is struggling with trying to lose weight Permanently. Here’s my advise. Rethink about what is really going wrong.

It is really more of a lifestyle issue rather than a diet issue that’s messing things up here. Why is it that many others do not have such weight issues and yet we’re battling it constantly? No, they’re not on a weight loss diet!!

If you could just find a way to eat the right foods at the correct amount of servings, all your issues are solved. It’s the thinking that has to change, instead of the diet. I used to place food as my priority, I think about it all the time. It is above everything else, I enjoyed it more than playing computer games because it’s just orgasmic to eat.

Few years down, food is replaced with health as my priority. I didn’t lose interest in food, I still enjoyed eating. But I’ve learnt how to juggle my appetite, cravings and what I should really eat. In other words, I’m more sensible when making choices about food.

I gotta admit, it’s a constant struggle and an endless battle that we’re fighting. I’ve maintained my lost weight for about 4 years now. But you know what, it’s actually pretty simple when you’re going through what I’m going through now.I don’t count my calories, I don’t have any specific diet, I don’t time my meals but I eat healthy food(not special food).

I know I might be making it sound really simple but it really is not difficult at all. Let me just briefly explain the habits that one should cultivate for permanent weight loss.


Habits for Permenant Weight Loss

1. Food is not your priority.

2. Know what you should eat

Read up, read up and read up, health education is precious. These are good for a start

Whole foods

Difference between healthy and unhealthy fats

Glycemic index

Good carbohydrates

3. Know how much to eat

Know what is the correct portion to eat for that particular food. I based mine on trial and error, but of course I do estimate my calories

4. Take food that you crave(most likely unhealthy food) as a reward rather than a snack/meal

5. Get moving

Move it! Get exercising. You won’t think of macdonald’s while running, swimming or doing anything that makes you move.

1 comments

Virginia Janet said... @ June 19, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Thanks for the advice.!! Losing weight really is a simple process, but hard to maintain it.

Post a Comment